This course describes managers’ and employers’ responsibilities for protecting employees’ health, safety and wellbeing as they return to the workplace during the Covid-19 pandemic. It outlines the need to assess the risks associated with Covid-19 and what should go into a Covid-19 response plan. The course also discusses implications of the Covid-19 vaccine at work. For example, whether or not your organisation can require employees to get the vaccine, or what criteria would legally allow managers to ask for and record employees’ Covid-19 vaccination status.
The course details different kinds of control measures to minimise the risk of transmission that your organisation might implement after carrying out a risk assessment. These might include:
- Making arrangements for physical distancing (ie social distancing)
- Reducing the number of shared spaces and equipment
- Implementing regular and robust cleaning routines
- Providing handwashing facilities and materials
- Encouraging good respiratory hygiene and handwashing practices
- Requiring face coverings or providing PPE where necessary
- Improving ventilation in enclosed areas
- Encouraging staff to get the Covid-19 vaccine
The Covid-19 pandemic has been stressful for many people, and employees might be nervous or uncertain about returning to work. The course outlines some ways managers can reassure staff, keep them involved and protect their mental wellbeing.
This course provides general information for how everyone in the workplace can mitigate the risks. But organisations will need to translate this information into specific actions, depending on the type of organisation, its size, and how it is structured, managed and regulated.
Like all EssentialSkillz courses, this Return to Work for Managers eLearning course can be customised to meet your needs, enabling your workforce to understand the specific policies and procedures developed for your organisation. A course administrator within your organisation can edit the text and images within the course, and link to organisation-specific documentation, all at no extra cost.