Equality and Diversity Online Training
- Describes what the terms equality and diversity mean
- Discusses the benefits equality and diversity bring to the workplace
- Highlights your obligations under equality legislation
- Provides examples of discriminatory practices
- This course is regularly updated, CPD accredited and can be fully edited by you to suit your business requirements
The EssentialSkillz Equality and Diversity Online Training Course explains what equality and diversity mean, both in legal terms and within an organisation, and describes specific responsibilities for employers and employees. It covers the importance of equality in the workplace and the need to avoid discriminatory practices, both through actions and words. Discrimination is when a person is treated worse than another because of a protected characteristic specified in the Equality Act 2010. Everyone has the right to the same opportunities, no matter who they are, what they look like or where they come from. People also have the right to work in an environment free from harassment and bullying to achieve job satisfaction and contribute effectively in the workplace. People cannot make their best contribution when under stress of harassment, bullying or when they face discrimination. The Equality and Diversity course covers how to avoid possible discriminatory pitfalls in the workplace from the recruitment process through to everyday practices in the workplace. Everyone has a responsibility to promote fairness and respect in the workplace and should help achieve a culture free of discrimination, harassment, victimisation and bullying. The course highlights unacceptable behaviours and the importance of being confident to complain without fear of reprisal. Complaints must be taken seriously and dealt with promptly. Further, it outlines what you can do if you feel discriminated against or if you witness others being victimised.
Like all EssentialSkillz courses, this online Equality and Diversity training can be customised to meet your needs, enabling your workforce to understand the specific policies and procedures you have developed for your organisation. A designated course administrator can edit the text and images within the course, and link to organisation-specific documentation that may be in place, all at no extra cost.
- To describe what the terms equality and diversity mean.
- To highlight the benefits equality and diversity bring to the workplace.
- To help you understand and comply with your obligations under equality legislation.
On successful completion of the test users can download and print a certificate.
Users are required to take a final test consisting of 10 default questions. The default pass mark is 70%
The course administrator within your organisation can:
- Change the pass mark
- Implement the random test question feature which selects 10 questions from a bank of 20.
- Can specify that more than 10 questions must be answered (up to the full bank of 20 questions)
This course is suitable as an introduction to equality and diversity issues in the workplace and how people are expected to behave in the workplace in relation to these issues.
Edit Our Courses
Add new scripts, images, videos, presentations and interactions – with no coding experience required.