Freedom of Information Online Training
- Outlines how an individual can make a Freedom of Information request
- Details how a public authority should respond to a Freedom of Information request
- Useful for the general public, private organisation and for public authorities
The EssentialSkillz Freedom of Information (FOI) Online Training Course explains all of the important aspects of the Freedom of Information Act UK 2000. The FOI training course is written to be equally useful for the general public, private organisation and for the public authorities covered by the act.
The Act is designed to encourage and enforce greater openness and transparency from public authorities. Improved openness should lead to increased public trust in public authorities. Increased transparency should decrease the instances of fraud, corruption and malpractice in public authorities.
The Act allows anyone to request information from public authorities. The course outlines how to submit a Freedom of Information request, it describes how a public authority has to respond to a request and details the cases in which a public authority can refuse to disclose request information.
Finally, the FOI training course summarises how a public authority can comply with the obligation to proactively and routinely publish information to the general public.
Like all EssentialSkillz courses, this Freedom of Information training can be customised to meet your needs, enabling your workforce to understand the specific policies and procedures you have developed for your organisation. A designated course administrator can edit the text and images within the course, and link to organisation-specific documentation that may be in place, all at no extra cost.
- Describe the main features of the Freedom of Information Act .
- Outline how public authorities should handle a freedom of information request.
- Detail how public authorities can comply with the requirements to publish information.
Certification: EssentialSkillz Certification, CPD Accredited.
Duration: 45 Minutes
Test: 70%, infinite attempts, random, 10/20 mandatory
Target Audience: Employees or individuals who work with or are interested in the Freedom of Information Act UK 2000