GDPR & Data Protection Online Training
- Introduces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and explains the differences with previous legislation.
- Targeted at those who process personal data as part of their work duties and explains their responsibilities.
- Explains the principles and bases for processing under GDPR and shows their relevance to employees and organisations.
- This course is regularly updated, CPD accredited and can be fully edited by you to suit your business requirements.
The EssentialSkillz GDPR & Data Protection online training outlines the key differences between GDPR and previous data protection legislation. GDPR is the biggest change to data protection legislation in recent times. GDPR introduces new terminology, new roles within the data protection framework and much tougher fines and penalties for non-compliant organisations.
The GDPR online training explains the principles of processing (eg specific and legitimate purposes, kept secure, and accurate) and the legal bases for processing (eg consent, legitimate interest or public interest). An understanding of these concepts is necessary for anyone who processes data as part of their work. The GDPR training course discusses the improved rights individuals have under GDPR (eg right to be informed, right to object) and how GDPR applies to employees and their daily tasks.
A scenario-based learning approach is used throughout the course to show how aspects of GDPR relate to everyday tasks employees might encounter. A variety of quizzes and interactions, such as multiple choice questions, are used to reinforce learning and engage the learner.
Like all EssentialSkillz courses, this GDPR & Data Protection online training can be customised to meet your needs, enabling your workforce to understand the specific policies and procedures you have developed for your organisation. A designated course administrator can edit the text and images within the course, and link to organisation-specific documentation that may be in place, all at no extra cost.
- To introduce the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- To show the differences between GDPR and previous legislation.
- To highlight your responsibilities under GDPR so that you remain compliant when carrying out your work duties.
On successful completion of the test, users can download and print a certificate.
Duration: 75 Minutes
Test: Users are required to take a final test consisting of 10 default questions. The default pass mark is 70%
The course administrator within your organisation can:
- Change the pass mark
- Implement the random test question feature which selects 10 questions from a bank of 20.
- Can specify that more than 10 questions must be answered (up to the full bank of 20 questions)
Target Audience: The course is suitable for all employees that processes personal data as part of their role.