It’s exciting times at EssentialSkillz as we grow our company!
Based in our attractive offices in Galway, we have a new opportunity for a PHP Developer to join our
EssentialSkillz was founded in Galway in 2001 and is the market leading provider of Health & Safety eLearning in the UK. We require passionate people who care about making a contribution to join our equally committed team in Galway and play an integral part in our future growth and success.
- We enjoy success through the delivery of results
- We build long-term relationships based on honesty and reliability
- We develop a sense of belonging, enjoyment and fulfillment
- We enjoy a work environment of trust and collaboration
Summary of Responsibilities
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Writing clean, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way
- Work in a development team working on B2B web applications
- Contribute with suggestions / improvements to software
- Collaborate with the back-end development team to develop and maintain highly reliable and robust APIs
- Develop and execute unit test cases, deliver quality code to the test team
- Exposure to latest tools/technologies like REST, HTML5 / CSS3, jQuery, Node.js, MongoDB, SSO, LDAP
- Exposure to e-learning industry (SCORM, xAPI, etc.)
- Writing code for primary application.
- 3+ years practical object-oriented PHP experience
- knowledge and understanding of SQL (preferably MySQL)
- 3 years + experience with SVN / GIT
- Experience in MVC frameworks is advantageous but not essential (CakePHP, CodeIgniter,Laravel, Zend)
- Degree in Information Technology or related Qualification.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritise tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand and work with existing source code
- Good problem solving skills with a "can-do" attitude