Food Safety Level 2 eLearning Course
- Introduces food safety standards and hygiene principles for food handlers who prepare, cook and handle food in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting.
- Discusses foodborne illness, food allergens, food safety law and who enforces it.
- Details the responsibilities of food businesses and food handlers including food safety management procedures, eg HACCP
- Considers food hazards, personal hygiene and cleaning procedures.
The EssentialSkillz Food Safety Level 2 (UK) eLearning course promotes the importance of basic food safety standards and hygiene principles that are required when working with food. The online course covers the Level 2 syllabus requirements specified by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. The online course covers the importance of food hygiene standards and shows how poor standards can impact a food business and human health. Food hazards are explained, including contamination, cross-contamination and control measures. The Food Safety Level 2 course discusses different types of bacteria, how it is spread and high and low risk foods. The causes and symptoms of food poisoning are discussed, the difference between food poisoning and food allergies and a full allergen list is provided. Food delivery and storage, stock rotation and the importance of date markings are covered. The course discusses temperature controls for cold and hot food and the use of probe thermometers.
The Food Safety Level 2 eLearning explains the importance of maintaining clean premises, equipment and work areas and good personal hygiene standards. The course covers the importance of well designed and constructed food premises, first aid-requirements and pest control.
Like all EssentialSkillz courses, this Food Safety Level 2 (UK) course can be customised to meet your needs, enabling your workforce to understand the specific policies and procedures you have developed for your organisation. A designated course administrator can edit the text and images within the course, and link to organisation-specific documentation that may be in place, all at no extra cost.
- To highlight the importance of food safety standards and hygiene practices when working with food.
- To detail an organisation’s and food handler’s responsibilities in relation to food safety and hygiene.
- To describe food hazards and control procedures.
- To highlight the personal hygiene standards required of people who work in the food industry.
- To detail cleaning procedures and the importance of pest control.
On successful completion of the test users can download and print a certificate.
The course lasts approximately 90 minutes.
Users are required to take a final test consisting of 10 default questions. The default pass mark is 70%
The course administrator within your organisation can:
- Change the pass mark
- Implement the random test question feature which selects 10 questions from a bank of 20.
- Can specify that more than 10 questions must be answered (up to the full bank of 20 questions)
The course is suitable for food handlers who work in the catering, manufacturing or retail sectors (eg hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars, fast food outlets, takeaways, hospitals and colleges) and who are involved in preparing, cooking and handling food in these settings.