A 16 year old worker from Newcastle under Lyme has suffered serious injuries after falling through a roof light.
Newcastle under Lyme Magistrates’ Court fined a roofing company from Stoke on Trent, £14,000 and ordered to pay costs of £6,919. The firm admitted breaching Regulations 6(2) and 6(3) of the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) held an investigation into the incident and found that training and supervision were poor.
The court heard that the worker had fallen through an unprotected roof light and had injured three vertebrae.
For further information on working safely at heights click here.