A major drink distributor approached us with an issue in April 2007. An existing customer, they had already used our Ergowize online DSE solution to deliver training and risk assessments to around 160 staff nationwide. They needed to extend this process to staff based in their Glasgow office, but did not have the resource available to set up and manage this project.
Ideally they wanted to:
- populate a database with employee details
- set up a system to automatically generate email introductions and reminders
- roll out online DSE training and risk assessments to 30 members of staff
- record and prioritise associated DSE risks
- outsource the monitoring of the concerns generated by the risk assessment
- outsource the intervention required to resolve outstanding risks
EssentialSkillz offers a managed service to compliment its Ergowize online DSE training and risk assessment solution. Dedicated system adminstrators (who are both product experts and DSE Assessors) are allocated to a client to provide a variety of support services:
- set up of system
- enrolment of participants
- schedule email introductions and reminders
- monitor and collate risk data
- provide alerts to line managers and other system adminstrators
- intervention and resolution of risk by telephone and email
EssentialSkillz were able to offer an entirely managed solution to the client. A dedicated system adminstrator was allocated to the project and the Ergowize system was pre-populated with the employee data supplied by the customer. The 30 members of staff were enrolled on the DSE training course and risk assessment. Next, emails were scheduled to launch the programme and provide reminders over the next few weeks for those employees taking a little longer to complete it.
The database was then monitored and the client informed of the total number and severity of concerns that were generated by the risk assessment. Follow ups were then made by telephone. If employees did not respond within three calls, an email was sent instead. When contact was made, advice was given on how to resolve the issues and any concerns that could not be dealt with remotely were qualified. This information was recorded on the database and a report of all concerns still outstanding was sent to the client. These issues were then dealt with physically on site and a written summary returned to us for update onto the system.
A take up rate for the training and risk assessments of 100% was achieved
Of 188 concerns raised, 168 were resolved remotely by the EssentialSkillz administrator
All concerns were resolved within one month of the project being rolled out
The success of this particular project, has lead to discussions to manage the roll out of DSE training and risk assessments to another 80 staff at the organisation in this way.
For more information please complete the enquiry form above. Alternatively, call us on 0844 448 4414 (UK) / + 353 91 778822 (Intl).