EssentialSkillz new health and safety solution targets contracted workers…The Safety Passport from EssentialSkillz provides online training and tracking to ensure that all contractors employed for a particular role or on a particular site are fully aware of the health and safety requirements during their contract period.
The great advantage of the Safety Passport is that the contracted workers can be fully prepared and trained up on health and safety protocols from the moment they arrive on site to begin their contracted term of employment as the Safety Passport enables them to take the safety training from the comfort of their own homes.
The Safety Passport training is designed to meet the specific needs of contracted workers and the content can be customized, if required, depending on the particular role or site involved.
Using the Safety Passport couldn’t be simpler. All the contractor has to do is:
- Train online
- Print it
- Bring the Safety Passport to work
10 Reasons Why Your Business Should Choose The Safety Passport Solution
- Contractors can get up to speed with health and safety training before starting their contract. This saves time and money as the traditional method of allocating resources to train contracted workers on site is no longer necessary
- A company that operates across multiple sites benefits even more from the online safety training of the Safety Passport as they would otherwise have had to allocate even more resouces to training
- A simplistic example can illustrate the benefits, let us envisage that a company hires 500 contracted workers over a set period of time and those 500 workers complete a 45 minute training course before they arrive on site. Then the company has saved a total of 500*45minutes = 375 work hours simply by committing to the Safety Passport process.
- The Safety Passport is easy to use and easy to access, an internet connection, a printer, and the time taken to complete the course are all that is needed to get a contracted worker trained up and safety compliant.
- The Safety Passport automates a process that previously caused many a bureaucratic nightmare, meaning the details of contracted workers can be recorded and tracked more efficiently and securely so that employees can focus their time and energy on doing the job.
- The Safety Passport provides employers with detailed audit trail of the contractors’ training record, providing an added safety buffer against potential accidents in the workplace.
- The safety training incorporated in the Safety Passport significantly reduces the likelihood of potentially damaging court cases or fines.
- The online health and safety training for contractors and the Safety Passport itself can be customized and edited according to the needs and demands of the individual business involved.
- Safety Passports can be printed from the comfort of the contractor’s home and merely attached to work credentials when the contractor begins work – the ease of provision of the safety passports cuts down greatly on bureaucratic hassle.
- The standard duration of the Safety Passport is 12 months (although it can be altered) offering safety certified coverage of the contractor for that period of time until it is recommended that they retrain and the Safety Passport can be extended by a further 12 months if necessary.
For further information on The Safety Passport and how to get your contracted workers using it as soon as possible please contact our sales team here at EssentialSkillz who will be delighted to talk you through it and answer any further questions or queries you have at [email protected]